Lifelong health begins in childhood. The early years – from birth to about the age of six – are incredibly important in establishing healthy patterns within the body that will follow until adulthood. Dr. Akehurst sees infants, toddlers, school-aged children and adolescents to optimize health and provide evidence based care for every stage of development.
Dr. Akehurst provides natural treatment solutions for:
- skin concerns like eczema, acne, diaper rash, hives
- digestive concerns like constipation, diarrhea, colic, IBS
- food allergies and sensitivities
- environmental allergies
- ear infections
- colds and flus (including prevention)
- ADD/ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder
- mental/emotional concerns, stress
- vaccine education
Dr. Akehurst also offers developmental milestone checks which include thorough physical exams, nutritional recommendations, developmental stages discussions, and problem solving for any current concerns. These occur at key developmental stages in a child’s life. Dr. Akehurst works with pediatricians, family physicians, physiotherapists and other practitioners as a part of an integrative pediatric team.